While this DIY method is great for most jewelry and will produce the desired results, we want you to be mindful of a few things:
- Do not soak pearl strands (it will rot the string)
- Do not soak intentionally oxidized surfaces (ie. class rings or some antique finishes)
- Do not scrub surfaces
- Do not soak items with glued in stones or pearls
- Do not soak opals or infused stones – simply dip the item or toothbrush in the solution and continue
- Do not use toothpaste!!! (much to abrasive and can leave a residue)
- Do not clean over an open drain & hold on tight when rinsing (unless you are a plumber)
- This will not remove tarnish from silver – use a silver polishing cloth for best results
- If you are not sure about something - pause - then call us for advice at 800.993.5900 - we are glad to help!
- Share these tips with your friends – they will love you for it!!